Copy & Paste This Code:

Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009!

I can't believe 2008 is over. This was an interesting year for us. It seems like we could say that about every year, though. Nikki got married, Rich unexpectedly had to find a new job, I started working part time, all kinds of little and big changes occurred!

We (the kids and I) are in Rochester visiting the Burton's. The Burton Hotel is lovely. It is our favorite bed and breakfast! Plus there is built in entertainment for everyone! Especially me, I just like to watch Ann launch herself off the couch or irritate Kambrie by teasing her. Ann and I have had more fun than the kids this time, I think. Rich was at home and Phil was out with a friend, so Ann and I spent New Year's eve watching movies, eating chocolate, and telling the kids to go away and leave us alone. On New Year's day we went shopping at the mall and ate a yummy lunch at Hu Hut's. The kids played outside for hours in the afternoon. After a yummy dinner of waffles, hashbrowns and bacon, we watched more movies and ate more chocolate. Friday morning Ann and I went to Baker's Square for breakfast with Leslie, Lorie, Kris, and Janus! Do you see a food theme developing here?

Breakfast with the girls was entertaining. Lots of laughter and stories. I definitely have a new appreciation for the word "raw". Since then, Ann and I have been sitting by the fireplace getting ready for lunch! Not really.... I probably won't be hungry for days! Ann has been using her new laptop, and I have been using Phil's. We decided we should be productive and do something like "blog". We wouldn't want to strain ourselves or get off the couch (or the floor) or do anything too stressful. I did get Logan some lunch.... what does that count as?

We'll head home this afternoon, then the fun will have to stop. The kids have things they need to work on before school starts back up, and I suppose I should undecorate the house. Then in 2 weeks the fun can begin again! We will be on our Disney Cruise! We leave on the 16th. Maybe I shouldn't eat for the next 2 weeks......

3 comments:

Ann said...

Pretty funny post. Maybe I will just copy and past this post on my blog. You are much more funny than I am.

Nicole said...

Excellent! I miss hanging with the Burton's! So many fun times :] Glad you got to have fun!

I am so wishing Luke and I could be going on that cruise with you!!! Maybe someday right? When our job is more willing to cooperate with us...

ttyl Shell! Love ya!

Janus said...

I'm jealous that you get to go on a cruise!! Have fun and I LOVED seeing you while you were in Rochester. BTW, I hope you don't mind, but I've been reading your lovely blog, walk like a duck, pretty funny....you really should vidow that. Anyway, have a great cruise!!

Janus