Copy & Paste This Code:

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Eight Things Tag....

Okay, here goes! I've been tagged by both my dad and sister.

8 Shows I Watch
  1. Life
  2. Chuck
  3. The Mentalist
  4. Survivor
  5. Amazing Race
  6. The Unit
  7. Pushing Daisies
  8. 11th Hour

8 Restaurants I Love
  1. Axel's Bonfire
  2. El Sol
  3. Fredrico's
  4. Maddox
  5. Olive Garden
  6. Red Lobster
  7. Chili's
  8. Market Street Grill

8 Things I Did Yesterday
  1. Got up and got myself and the kids ready for school -- left for school at 8:45 so I'd be on time for work (at the school). I was para-subbing, but 2 of the kids who have paras were out sick, so I was sent home after an hour. Rich was off work so it was okay with me!
  2. I went to Kohl's -- tried on about 20 pairs of jeans, maybe more, and finally found one that worked -- it was the second to last pair I tried on. I also found a few things for the kids.
  3. Went home from Kohl's and brought Rich back to Kohl's to look at shoes for work. While he was trying on shoes, I sat in the demo shiatsu massage chair. It was wonderful.....
  4. Learned all about the Kensington Rune Stone -- One of Megan's 6-week social studies units is about Minnesota. Actually, it is making a book about Minnesota. They have a 32-page blank 8x10 inch book that they turn into a book all about Minnesota. It's a cool project that allows the parent(s) to also learn a lot about Minnesota while scouring the surrounding areas for things like Minnesota postcards, stickers, themed paper, etc., and helping your 4th graders put a book together while following the rules and outline. Finding Minnesota postcards has been a headache. I know where they are at the airport. Someone finally told me where I could successfully find a few.......
  5. I went to a store called "Love from Minnesota". It is about 16 miles south from us. It was a very fun store, I must admit, but I was not happy that I had to go that far for my daughter's 4th grade project. It was a crafty store with moose, and geese, and loons, and bears, and eagles, and fish, and cabins, and lakes, and anything and everything related to those things! Cute cute cute!
  6. Before the store, Rich, Logan, and I went to the church house. I dropped them off and went to the MN store while they went to Cub pack meeting. They were doing a service project for military personnel and then awards. I made it back in time for the awards ceremony and treats. Then we helped clean up and went home!
  7. Before we got home, I made sure that Dusty had made it home from the middle school knowledge bowl, and then we stopped to pick up Megan from a friends house. They had decided to have a sleepover, so we went home, I gathered up her "stuff" and sent Rich the delivery dad back to Amanda's house!
  8. Around 10:30 pm the phone rang. It was our friends the Terrell's. Derika was in labor and they wondered if Tiaunna, who is Megan's good friend, could come stay with us. Sure, I said, however Megan was at Amanda's.... that did leave an empty bed for Tiaunna, though! So, I cleaned Megan's room so Tiaunna wouldn't be scared and so that she could find the bed....

8 Things I Look Forward To:
  1. Christmas
  2. The Disney Cruise in January!!!!
  3. Visiting the Burton's again during Christmas break
  4. Megan being done with her Minnesota book (3 more weeks..... )
  5. Eating yummy Christmas treats, like oreo truffles after I make them!
  6. Visiting family and friends, and welcoming visitors
  7. Seeing REAL mountains (the bluffs ARE lovely...), the drive through Sardine Canyon and rounding the bend waiting for Cache Valley to come into view, driving through Logan Canyon (especially the part where the trees meet over the road by Wood Camp) and seeing Bear Lake at the end of the journey!
  8. Warmer weather....

8 Things I Wish For:
  1. Better economy, no Obama, I could go on and on here....
  2. Cure for diabetes
  3. Cure for autism
  4. Or at least the ability to get inside Logan's head to observe what goes on in there and figure out how things work for him.
  5. Get inside the head of my 13 year old and shake it up a bit!
  6. That my children can be happy and healthy as possible, and know how much they are loved
  7. Live closer to family
  8. A piano

8 People I Tag

Well, since all of my family has been tagged and not many other people know I have a blog, that leaves Ann and Leslie! Andy hasn't done it yet, has he? Neither has Missy, although they have both been tagged.... hmmm.....

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh that Minnesota book! It's one of those projects that as a parent we spend too much time stressing about and the kids... not so much! I always feel bad when they have projects like that... because what does that do to kids whose parents didn't take much time or ANY to help them. Pretty sad. :) I feel that way about the science fair. The kids who have great presentations and presentation boards get a blue ribbon. The kids who did it ALL BY THEMSELVES... so it obviously doesn't LOOK as good... don't!

But kudos to you for driving all over Minnesota to help that cute little 4th grader!!! We wish you were closer to us too... especially since you would be closer to more than HALF of your favorite restaurants!

Shelly Johnston said...

Yes, I realize the restaurant thing... I didn't even include things like Logan's Heroes or Juniper Take Out or the bread place there by Taco Time that make yummy sandwiches and treats. Oh, I left off Panera!!! Do have those in Utah? We don't live close to one anymore. Pei Wei is also yummy! See, but these are more lunchy type places rather than big sit-down types. Maybe I like lunch more than dinner....